Welcome to the Maker Me Blogspot, an Independent Indie Dyer of yarns and maker of handmade items.


I sell on Etsy and at local shows and fayres. This is the place where you will find out all of Maker Me's News, shop updates and events.

Monday 22 January 2018

Me Made skirt

I have a very quick simple make done.

I had some left over black corduroy fabric from another project I had made, and I have had the Mccalls M7022 skirt pattern in my pattern stash for about a year, so I decided to make the simplest skirt. Version e.

You can purchase the pattern in most UK fabric stores and online. Here is a link to Minerva crafts where you can purchase the pattern and browse the many fabrics they have in stock.

Now I am not an experienced sewists more a enthusiastic beginner, with a few more curves than necessary for my short height.

I made the 20 size and found the pattern fairly straight forward but for beginners I think the zipper placement and instructions could have been explained easier for total newbies.


I made it straight out the packet with no alterations as this was going to be a wearable muslin.



I am overall happy with the outcome, waist is comfortable, maybe a little loose by about 1", tends to sit on my stomach but not tight at all - I am on medication that leaves me a little bloated at the moment.

No major problems and only 4 pattern pieces to cut out. (9 fabric cuts, 3 interfacing cuts) I reckon its doable in 2-3hours max.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baker St Bag

Good afternoon everyone, a new listing is in the shop today. I have made this bag following the pattern from Sew Sweetness and it is her ...